By public transport:
Bus services change regularly so check with travelinescotland on 0871 200 22 33 (10p/min BT landline). Our nearest stop is Cairnhouses (but very few buses) then Coalburn (2 miles/3 km).
From Glasgow Central (lower level) take the train to Hamilton, or take the X1 or 263 bus from Buchanan Street bus station to Hamiliton bus station.
From Edinburgh take the train to Hamilton or limited bus service Citylink 904.
From Hamilton bus station take either:
- the 253 service which departs every half hour. Take this bus to the very last stop, destination of Coalburn, and continue by foot along this road for approx 2 miles. Talamh is the very last house on the right before the road joins the dual carriageway.
- the X50 runs a very limited service Monday to Saturday. There is a bus stop next to Talamh at Cairnhouses (between Lesmahagow and Rigside on the timetable).
There is a limited service X74 (also 974) from Glasgow to Lesmahagow (then 253 to Coalburn).
Service 9 runs from Lanark to Glespin. It’s a 30 min walk from Rigside following signs to Coalburn.
Bus service 201 runs between Motherwell and Hamilton. Motherwell is the nearest station for Intercity trains including Caledonian sleepers.
Book the Ring ‘n’ Ride SPT900 “Three valleys” service at least 1 working day in advance.
There is a long distance cycle path running parallel to the M74 (Sustrans N74) on the B7078. A colourful milepost by Coalburn Primary School children sits on Talamh land.
Happenden Services, also called Cairn Lodge on the B7078, is a good drop off point from the motorway. It is a 15 minute walk to Talamh (see directions below)
- From M74 either direction, leave when signed for Happendon/Cairn Lodge Services. From slip road follow the local signs towards Coalburn (B7078). When turning off the dual carriageway (B7078) Talamh is 100m on the left.
- From Lesmahagow (B7078) follow dual carriageway south for 3 miles / 5 km. Turn right at sign for Coalburn. Talamh is 100m on left.
- From the A70 follow local signs to Coalburn from the A70/B7078/M74 roundabout. When turning off the dual carriageway (B7078) Talamh is 100m on the left.